Update, I found some old photos of the motor’s id plate. I thought it was rated
at 6000 rpm at 110 volts, but it was really only 3000rpm at 110volts. When I
adjusted the maximum rpm in PNCConf, suddenly I was getting a solid “At Speed”
indicator.

John,
   I will still try measuring the analog voltage at various rpms and if I can
get at it I will measure the DC voltage out.

Peter,
    Thanks for the suggestion about the encoder phasing, I don’t think it was
going to work without fixing that.

Gene,
     Could you go ahead and send me your configs. I can have a jackshaft driven
by toothed belt with a 3 step pulley or a pair of three step pulleys on the
motor and spindle. So six possible gearing combinations.