On Monday 13 September 2021 18:20:17 Alan Condit wrote:

> Update, I found some old photos of the motor’s id plate. I thought it
> was rated at 6000 rpm at 110 volts, but it was really only 3000rpm at
> 110volts. When I adjusted the maximum rpm in PNCConf, suddenly I was
> getting a solid “At Speed” indicator.
>
> John,
>    I will still try measuring the analog voltage at various rpms and
> if I can get at it I will measure the DC voltage out.
>
> Peter,
>     Thanks for the suggestion about the encoder phasing, I don’t think
> it was going to work without fixing that.
>
> Gene,
>      Could you go ahead and send me your configs. I can have a
> jackshaft driven by toothed belt with a 3 step pulley or a pair of
> three step pulleys on the motor and spindle. So six possible gearing
> combinations.

I'll tarball that whole config directory and send it by PM.

But, even with 6 speeds, you are belt driven so there will be an unk
amount of belt slippage.  So if turning a spindle, the random slippage
will probably trash any holes you try to to rigid tap. The bare minimum
still needs a once per rev index pulse from the spindle.

 - Louis D. Brandeis