Interesting discussion here and totally see what people are saying.

Just thought I would put a link to my machine shop website up.

BeckCNC.co.nz

All CNC machines run linuxcnc.

And we have 4th axis units running etc.  Rigid tapping.  Random position
toolchanger.

Just setting up through spindle coolant now.

What I don't have and would like to implement is conversational cycles in
the control.  And auto probing cycles.  (I do have z axis digitising
probing sussed now

But cam is so fast that I'm not to concerned.  I can get from opening cam
laptop to running parts in under 10 minutes now most of the time.

I know linuxcnc has them but haven't bothered to set them up yet.

Anyway you guys might be interested in this.

And all the awesome developers might be interested to see what we can do
with all their hard work.

Beck CNC.co.nz

Regards

Andrew