On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 17:29:25 -0800 Marc MERLIN <marc_...@merlins.org> said:

> On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 02:15:28AM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > well i think it's because with gtk3 now the titlebar is also like the menu
> > bar and "toolbar" and so on... this is their ux design direction. it
> > removes as much of the "titlebar" bits as it can without removing actual
> > functionality. it also removes the request to be borderless etc.
>
> So just to be clear, they're going to stop asking E to remove the title
> bar? If so, great.

the gtk3-nocsd thing makes that happen.

> But either way, E is the most configurable window manager on the planet
> I'm pretty sure, so it should really have a way for me to ignore an app
> with broken directives that work against what I want and need.

the problem is the app still draws whatever it wants inside and that ends up
looking broken when it also then draws shadows etc. assuming it is borderless.
it's asking to have somethnig look really broke. the nocsd preload thing is
a much better.

> Afterall, it's my desktop, not theirs :)
>
> Would you please consider re-allowing control of the menubar/border
> even if the app says otherwise?

i can, but i think it's the wrong solution for your problem, and in general i
think its the wrong solution too.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com