From: "EVDL Administrator via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 26-Jul-14 2:23:20 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Hybrid Mustang: batteries

On 26 Jul 2014 at 8:24, Ben Goren via EV wrote:

At 55 MPH with the 4.11 is 3000 RPM; with a single AC-51, that's 22 hp.
 The single motor would be okay... At the slow end...1000 RPM is ~19
 MPH. Five horsepower might not cut it by itself, and 15 MPH school
 zones might be a problem...

IIRC, aero drag increases proportional to the square of the speed, and it's going to be pretty minimal at 15mph, no? So something just doesn't quite
ring true here.

In fact I've driven some pretty underpowered cars, DC EV, AC EV, and ICEV.
I've encountered some that could maintain 15-20mph just fine, but could
barely (in some cases just couldn't) make 55mph. NEVER vice versa.

David Roden
EVDL Administrator
http://www.evdl.org/