There is no issue here.
The OP brought up the continuous rating of the motor at certain RPM,
which just says something about the ability to sustain a certain current
at a certain speed indefinitely, but which does NOT limit the motor to
that
power, so accelerations (which by definition are not limited by
continuous ratings anyway) are certainly possible at *much* higher power
levels - as long as the current limit on the *controller* allows for
them.
Note that current limits *can* play a part in the acceleration,
especially at lower speeds. My previous EV had a very low (250A) motor
current limit, combined with 200A battery current limit. That was OK
since it was a 312V pack, but the motor current limit caused the launch
of the vehicle to be somewhat slow, but at modest speeds the
acceleration picked up because the power to the motor continued to rise
with increasing RPM (voltage on motor)
so there is an effect of motor current limiting that affects the way the
EV behaves.

Regards,

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Skype: cor_van_de_water Tel: +1 408 383 7626