Hi Folks,

Take a look at deaths from automobiles in the USA, we are losing over 30,000 people per year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year

Google has self-driving cars that have had 2 accidents - both caused by people. As of August 2012, there have been over 300,000 miles driven by these cars.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_driverless_car

Autonomous cars are going to be a boon for:
    - blind people
    - older people that can't drive any more
    - people that are drunk/impaired
etc.

Since this is an electric vehicle discussion list, not a jobs or politics list, I kindly suggest we drop this thread.

Cheers, Peter