I predict the truck owner will notice the PIH.  The ICE will be less potent
to compensate for the extra cost of the PI part.

Should be "easy" to sling an AC motor under a truck leaving the ICE in
place. As discussed here it is very doable.  There are other nice things
about a truck - lots of room for batteries compared to a car.  Cost a lot
for batteries now, but that will change.

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 1:18 AM, EVDL Administrator via EV <
ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> On 15 Sep 2014 at 9:34, brucedp5 via EV wrote:
>
> > the full-size (puffy) truck or suv vehicle its self is what the buyer
> > wants, and that the pih model would be close to the same size and
> > passenger seating ...
>
> Now here is where my cynical side rebuts my optimistic side. :-\
>
> I wonder if this wouldn't just end up much like the "flexible fuel"
> vehicles
> sold for the last several years.  I think the automakers get some kind of
> CAFE credits for those (I don't know the details and it's OT anyway), but
> the number that ever get fed anything but gasoline is infinitesimal.
>
> Now suppose that with subsidies the big automakers could sell PIH trucks
> and
> SUVs cheaper than pure ICE trucks and SUVs.  Of course they would; the
> dealers would clamor for it.  BUT, I'll bet they wouldn't sell them as
> PIHs.
> The sales people would barely mention it, except to maybe tell the buyer
> "it's cheaper because you could plug it in if you wanted to."
>
> Many or most of these bargain-priced PIHs would go to people who had no
> interest in using the EV mode.  Chances are good that even though they'd
> save money by plugging in, many of them wouldn't bother - especially if
> they
> had to have an EVSE installed in their garages (if they even had garages).
> I can see many of these PIHs running most or all of the time on gasoline,
> just like the "flexible fuel" vehicles do today.
>
> David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
> EVDL Administrator

*Dalai Lama *

Tell me what it is you plan to do