While it sure sounds like a fun project...by far the easiest way to have a
solar-powered car is to leave the panels at home, on the roof of the garage or
home. Unless I'm sorely mistraken, a significant fraction of the EVs owned by
people reading these words are already solar-powered.

Not to discourage you from what, again, sounds like a fun project! I'd just
suggest that you might want to present it not so much as a solar-powered car
but as a super-efficient EV that, oh-by-the-way, carries its solar panels with
it as opposed to the large-and-growing population of garden-variety
solar-powered cars that leave their solar panels at home.

Cheers,

b&