Ben Goren said:
> VW extended cab pickup... I've even seen some that had
> under-bed lidded storage space.

Of course that is where the batteries go!
Both my EV trucks had the full bed available for cargo
as all batteries were under the bed (and in my current
EV truck, also a few under the hood for better F-R balance)

My statement about utility was to show that even though a
sedan can carry an amazing amount of cargo if you put your
mind to it (some people think you need a truck as soon
as you carry more than a bucket) there is still a field
where you want a truck: carrying dirty cargo (wet, soiled
or sandy stuff) or things that might leak, for example I have
carried serving pans for a full dinner for hundreds of
(homeless) people that we were serving with a group of
volunteers> Occasionally such a pan would splash contents
out and in a truck bed you don't care to have some soup
but in a (carpeted) vehicle that is very unwelcome.
I have hauled sandbags that lost pounds of sand while handled,
I have hauled mulch and compost and metal scrap and wood
and a lot of other things that I rather not put in the
trunk of a vehicle, but in a truck bed it is fine...

Carry a washer and a dryer for a friend or for ourselves?
No problem. Carry a fridge? Go ahead. Carry both 12ft lumber
and 4 ft wide panels? just stack it in...
Need to move a big closet or 3-piece oversized couch?
All of that and much more has been moved by me for either
my family of friends (who appreciate my truck just as much)
so I am happy with the combination of (short range) EV truck
and Hybrid sedan (Prius) which is pretty much ideal as far
as I am concerned in allowing different tools for different
jobs without more vehicles than necessary...

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626          Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130          private: cvandewater.info
www.proxim.com