If I understood correctly, your idea is similar to what I would want to do if
I had a production EV> add a standard 5-15 inlet for a L1 120VAC charging
ability. Those who know my EV history, see
http://brucedp.150m.com/blazer/blazer020504-001.jpg
 image of the 6 inlets in the grill of my Blazer EV on page
http://brucedp.150m.com/blazer/
 are aware at that time when the EVSE infrastructure was in a state of flux,
I wanted the flexibility of being able to charge off multiple outlets.

For example only, if I had a e-NV200 e-Van, I would like to add a standard
5-15 inlet in the front that would go to a separate charger  (perhaps an
Elcon PFC 2500 Battery Charger that can operate off L1 120VAC or L2
208-240VAC). I would have the flexibility of using that inlet for L1
charging, but with adapters I could use that inlet to provide 240VAC.

As was posted, charging off a cheap L1 extension cord would be a less costly
if ripped off (these things do happen: vandalism, copper-thieves, etc.).

Its use would also be an ice-head familiar inlet for them to understand and
use when the EV is under their care ("Yea, just keep it plugged-in to
protect the battery, while you wait for the parts to come in ... [keeps pack
from bricking] ).

I suggest you consider one of two methods: low-tech> mechanical-switch
circuit, or higher-tech> electrical-relay circuit.

The mechanical-switch concept-idea would be to manually (by hand) set to the
switch to either j1772 (the 5-15 inlet would be disconnected from any power
internally), or L1 where the j1772 power was disabled (essentially making
the j1772 inoperative).

The electrical-relay would do the same thing only use a circuit to sense
power has been applied to the j1772. If so, the L1 inlet would be (relay)
disconnected (so no one could get shocked from live power on the 5-15 inlet,
etc.).

I hope whatever you decide, you make your design available for others to
view so they could also use your good ideas :-)

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.150m.com}