That would be more "elegant" and I have one of those, the Leaf OEM one, which costs $200-250 to replace if somebody steals it. A $20 extension cord is a lot less likely to be stolen, as it doesn't look "valuable".

The relay and inlet and wires/connectors will cost me less than $50...and then I could sell my J1772 portable charger for $200 profit.

The other option is to weld a piece a piece of steel with a hole in it to my truck frame and buy a padlock that would go around the portable J1772 inlet cable, but that wouldn't stop somebody from cutting the wire to steal copper, and it also wouldn’t allow me to sell the portable J1772.

Jay