Hi Jay,

One of your proposed solutions was: /"By default the J1772 is connected to
the chargers, but if you plug 120 volts AC into the RV inlet, the relay
switches the chargers over to the 120 volt side, disconnecting the J1772
inlet as a bonus."/

I did something similar to this, only using 240VAC rather than 120VAC.  I
have both NEMA 14-50  and J1772 power inputs to the charger.  I used this
DPST relay with 240VAC coil to switch between them:
http://www.onlinecomponents.com/magnecraft-schneider-electric-w199apx15.html?p=29816731

I wired 240VAC from the NEMA 14-50 to the coil and connected the inputs so
that the J1772 is connected to the charger when there is no power to the
NEMA 14-50, and plugging in the 14-50 activates the relay, connecting the
14-50 to the charger.  I wired it with J1772 as the "default" (no power to
the relay coil) so that if the relay happens to fail to switch while I am
miles away from home needing to charge at an EVSE to return, the J1772 input
works.  Has worked well.