Its use would also be an ice-head familiar inlet for them to understand and
use when the EV is under their care ("Yea, just keep it plugged-in to
protect the battery, while you wait for the parts to come in ... [keeps pack
from bricking] ).

Yes, that is exactly the type of thing that I'd like to support...opportunity charging and an easy way for a mechanic or friend who borrows the truck to keep it charged up without an EVSE.

The electrical-relay would do the same thing only use a circuit to sense
power has been applied to the j1772. If so, the L1 inlet would be (relay)
disconnected (so no one could get shocked from live power on the 5-15 inlet,
etc.).

My thought was to keep the L1 inlet disconnected by default (on the Normally Open relay contacts), and have the J1772 always connected (on the normally closed contacts). However, if you apply power to the L1, (attached to the relay coil) it would disconnect the J1772 via the relay activating and connect the L1 inlet to the charger.

No current sensing involved, just using the 120 volts AC on the L1 inlet to activate the relay.

Jay