Cal,
I have a 2013 Leaf S
(which I know is not as efficient as an SL)
My commute is 27 to 30 miles depending
on traffic-avoidance maneuvers.

The 24 KWh battery is adequate for me
in Spring, Summer, and Fall.

In the winter, I use more local streets,
I preheat the car and use seat warmers
rather than "air conditioning heat".

I am in a carpool, so I "offer" to drive
the warmest day.

I am discussing whether to buy a 2016 next month.
I would probably lose a bit of money on the trade,
and a 2016 is about a month from becoming
deprecated, so I am really not sure.
The one year that I need next year's car now,
they are not coming out now.

I showed my manager a picture of an outlet
across the parking lot in the same office park.
Clearly, if there is a will, there is a way to convince
the Realty company to do it.   My manager will
ask the CIO to push for it.
The Model 3 might be out before that :-)

One day last week, I had to drive 2 days in a row, with
only Level 1 charging over night...I left the office with 32
miles on the guess guage and 27 to go on Google Maps.

I took local streets  from my office for about the first
10 miles and I followed the 2 dots rule after that,
and I got home with 10 on the guage  (i.e., I saved 8 range miles)
It's not fun to worry so much, but it did work.

I have never gotten stuck, but I have come home on 0
a few times.   I have used DC Quick Charging often,
but it is either 6 miles out of the way to Nissan or $7 nrg.

I hope this helps

Seth

​