My EV trike (tadpole config) is pretty sensitive to toe in.  It is
indeed squirrely-er when it is most efficient. You want toe in so that
when one wheel hits a bump the other wheel tends to center the vehicle
not send it wide. You can really feel it of it is neutral or toe out.

I think you always want a little toe in, never anything else, and only
a little tiny bit, no need for the complication of on the fly
adjustment.

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 10:24 PM, Lee Hart via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
> Cor van de Water via EV wrote:
>>
>> I have done the toe-adjustment on my "Classic" (2002) Prius many years
>> ago (2004)
>> And indeed noticed that although the mileage was slightly better, it
>> also became more "squirrely" to drive at speed.
>

> I wonder if it would be worthwhile to provide "automatic" toe-in adjustment
> to a car? Add a motorized servo that can tweak the toe-in, to take up the
> slack caused by slight misalignment, play, or "give" in the suspension?
> --
> Obsolete (Ob-so-LETE). Adjective. 1. Something that is simple,
> reliable, straightforward, readily available, easy to use, and
> affordable. 2. Not what the salesman wants you to buy.
> --
> Lee Hart, 814 8th Ave N, Sartell MN 56377, www.sunrise-ev.com

Thomas A. Edison

Warren Buffet