I'll try to read the article later, but if you are talking about "city
pollution" as the health-based pollution of ozone, particulates, etc. - then
you are not referring to cutting greenhouse gases, per the OP. As a class, GHGs
do not have acute health effects.

That being said, reduction of  "city" pollutants can have a co-benefit of
reducing GHGs, as some of them are also GHGs.

Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine when people talk about health and GHGs.

Sent from my iPhone