Dan Baker via EV wrote:
In a report released in June, the Montreal Economic Institute concluded
provincial subsidies were the most expensive, least effective way to help
cut greenhouse gas emissions.

https://www.iedm.org/71213-electric-vehicle-subsidies-expensive-and-ineffective

Would anyone care to comment on this?

There really isn't any solid information at that link. There are no facts or figures, or verifiable data. It reads like an advertiser hyping up their product without giving you any solid information on how it actually works or compares to other products.

I would want to know who funded this organization, and this study. We've seen too many examples of persuasive, well-written "hit" pieces that have not a shred of facts, financed by the oil or auto industries.

--
Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.
        -- Dalai Lama