It seems people are underestimating the capacity of solar panels on vehicles.
It is a simple math problem. Encapsulation is also a challenge. However I don't
have the math to calculate how fast a 3.3kw solar system would push a 3000
pound vehicle.  It seems you would need 8kw to push a Leaf up to 45mph.  This
is just a guess but it seems to me that a simple calculation of weight, CD,
array size would be all you would need to calculate the usefulness of any solar
vehicle.  Stella Lux is capable of 45mph with a 1.5kw solar panel, a weight of
850 pounds(it can carry 4 people) and a CD of .16.  If you have a 22 ft x 8'
vehicle like an aluminum Ultravan at 3,000 pounds (which is less than a Leaf)
you would have good range but calculating how much solar would fit, the CD
which I think is under .3 and the speed possible with the max panels is beyond
me.  I do know that if you had a 3.3kw array you would be able to charge a 24kw
pack in 10 hours making a useful vehicle. It might be able to do 20mph on
solar.  I bet Dave Cloud could figure it out.  The Dolphin is a very cleaver
vehicle.  I wish I had some land to work on an Ultravan.  Lawrence Rhodes