I think a formula of 1.5kw of panels for every 1000 pounds of vehicle might be
a good working formula.  If you want the panels to push the vehicle. LR

      From: jerry freedomev <freedo...@yahoo.com>
 To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: Lawrence Rhodes <primobass...@sbcglobal.net>
 Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 5:23 PM
 Subject: Re: [EVDL] Solar vehicles..just do the math.

                            Hi Lawrence and All,
                                      A solar RV can be done if one keeps it
light, aero one large enough to live in with 6' standing headroom in some
places by making a composite body like a cut off teardrop but instead use curve
flat panels for the roof, , sides and a flat floor.
                                    Using gentle curves can give you an under
.20DC little larger than a standard van with shower, kitchen, head if a good
designer. We do it all the time in boats.  And can be done in 2k lbs if one
works at it.
                                      The rear will be 85% of the widest part
that a solar panel folds down to cover and as shade, rain cover when folding
out to catch more solar when parked
                                    If one drives 55 mph it will only need 7kw
or so correctly done with a 24kwh pack is 160 mile range.
                                      There are 1/16" thick solar cells on thin
strong plastic film that are clean enough to be aero, very low weight and IIRC
17% or so efficient made for flexible panels would be far better, lighter than
anything else.
                                    So on the roof would be 10 sq yards giving
about 1.7kwh or so at noon gives say 8kwh/day seriously helps range getting to
maybe 50 added miles. Parked charged more like 10kwh plus 4 more sq yards of
folding solar giving another 3kwh/day
                                  So you'd average 60-80 mpd from just solar,
minus use.  Assuming you didn't use more fold out lightweight solar panels
gaining even more range/day.
                                                          Jerry Dycus