On 09/27/2017 09:01 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
Maybe you can do it as a hobbyist project.  I don't see it as a viable mass
produced commercial product for a long time yet, if ever.

It would have to be competitive with current vehicles at initial dealer-lot
price, because that's all most buyers see.

Also, it can't be too odd-looking.  Anything based on the Stella Lux flunks
that one right off.

Most here have been advocates of conversions for many years. That is despite the obvious impracticality of conversions: batteries worth $thousands that last ~10k miles or a few years. Useful ranges of 30-40 miles. VERY low reliability and high maintenance. Yet we are justifiably proud that we have led the way to the current factory cars that have few to none of those problems.

I do not see why at least mostly solar powered cars can not follow the same path. I'm willing to contribute to the demand; I am a prospective customer. I would love to be offered a car or RV BEV that could go 200 miles and add 50 miles of solar per day.

I do not care what it looks like. Form follows function. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.