If you do the math, you will find solar vehicles make no sense, period.

Al

On 9/27/2017 10:01 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
Maybe you can do it as a hobbyist project.  I don't see it as a viable mass
produced commercial product for a long time yet, if ever.

It would have to be competitive with current vehicles at initial dealer-lot
price, because that's all most buyers see.

Also, it can't be too odd-looking.  Anything based on the Stella Lux flunks
that one right off.

A scant few buyers will/can pay more up front for low running costs, and a
few of THEM might accept a weird looking vehicle.  By then you're getting
down to a microscopic potential customer base.

You're not going to find venture capitalists interested in that kind of
risk, and unfortunately we're currently experiencing a severe shortage of
Elon Musks.

So if you want one, better get to work.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator