From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Lee Hart via EV
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:26 PM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Cc: Lee Hart
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Ford's Energi pih abandonment raises questions> (AK
writer's EV-ignorance dogmatized)

Mark Abramowitz via EV wrote:
> I don't get why people get so excited about PIHs.

I own a PIH (a 2014 Prius with the plug-in). They aren't sold in the
midwest; I had to go all the way to Massachusetts to buy it.

It was worth it because we live in a small town in the middle of
Minnesota. The range is sufficient to drive anywhere we normally go and
back as an EV, using no gas at all. Even when we average in the
occasional longer trips, the overall average fuel economy has been
running 157 mpg.

But I can see where some people would buy it just for a tax credit or to
use HOV lanes and such. They have no intention of ever plugging it in.
The same sort of thing happens with flex-fuel vehicles.

--
There is a computer disease that anybody who works with computers knows
about. It's very serious, and interferes completely with your work. The