I wrote about my experience about 2yrs ago, see
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Resistive-heater-core-access-for-S-10-conversion-EVA-kit-tips-tricks-tp4680519p4680524.html

The two links on that archived post are still good. The canEV heater is
offered in different configurations (from low to high voltage packs), and
the other link is for high voltage pack designs.

What type of heater and what wattage you will need is more than just the
EV's cab size as there are other factors to consider.

-I was happy with the 1.6+kW hair drier type, though it took a while to do
the job. Today's hair driers are rated at 1875 Watts, see
https://www.target.com/p/conair-174-salon-series-midsize-turbo-dryer/-/A-10878193?lnk=rec|adaptpdph1|related_prods_vv|adaptpdph1|10878193|0
But later, complaints from the under-dressed gal I wanted with me gave me
motivation to throw money at her issues by using the S-10 heater core that
was still there, heated by a (now defunct) Russco heater. It drew 120V 25A
off a 132VDC pack. So, family considerations is also a factor in your heater
wattage decision (if she refuses to wear more clothes, you will need more
heat).

-At the time, my S-10 Blazer had 6+ chargers on-board (a 22+kW charging
ability) which let me push my range way out further than any conversion in
my area had gone. When I was down in SoCal (Los Angeles) area, I didn't need
the heater even in the dead of their winter. It wasn't until traveling back
north on the I-5 grapevine, that I saw some people with snow purposely piled
on their cars. I took a side trip from Lebec, CA to Frazier Park. I was glad
I had the much more powerful Russco heater (it was colder than this CA boy
liked). So, if it snows where you live or travel, that is a factor in your
heater wattage decision.

-A similar (heater saves the day) experience happened nearer to my SF Bay
area without any snow. I was pushing my Monterey, CA trip range-envelope by
leveraging off a Marina Dunes RV park. When while charging, it began to
rain. Then rain really hard (like the way it does near an ocean coast). The
windshield fogged up to the point of condensation on the inside of the cab.
I did not bother to use the heater until the charge was near completed. Just
before I was ready to leave, I used the heater to dry out the windshield.
Even with that 3kW heater it took a while, but I would not have been able to
drive (or see out the windshield) if I had only had the original cheaper
hair drier type heater. So, how much moisture you will have to contend with
is also a factor to consider.

IMO, it is better to have 3000+ Watts of heater, same as I feel it is best
to have the most charging ability you can (j1772 L2-6kW & L3 if possible).
You may not use all of that capability the majority of the time, but when
you really need it, it is there to do the job and save the day :-)

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/

{brucedp.neocities.org}