From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of ROBERT via EV
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 12:05 AM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Cc: ROBERT
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Heat pump vs resistive Heater (OT, but somewhat EV
related)

You guys are correct about a heat pump being more energy efficiency than a
resistance heating element.  I recently installed a hybrid hot water
heater.  I have an external energy monitor on this circuit.  The hybrid
hot water heater used 1/4 the energy of a standard hot water heater.  With
the tax credit, the heater will pay for itself in 4 years.