From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> on behalf of Robert Bruninga via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:16 AM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Cc: Robert Bruninga
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Heat pump vs resistive Heater (never buy another AC unit)

For the home, never repair or replace or buy another Air Conditioner!

Spend a $100 more and get the two-way Heatpump model.  Whether it is a
window unit, portable 2-hose unit or whole house AC, replace it with a
heatpump.

Even if you have oil or gas heat.  Run the Heatpump all the time in the
winter will save you HALF of the cost of oil for every BTU it puts in the
house.  At current Gas prices, it is kind of wash, but the advantage of
the heatpump is that it can be 100% fossil fuel free when powered by solar
or utility subscribed wind.

I even hang some old window AC-only units in some rooms or basement joists
backwards so they can be used as a heat source in the winter.

Just sayin...
Bob, Wb4APR