Jim,You perfectly describing the situation where the design of the heating
system is inadequate for the building, which typically happens when it was not
designed but someone just installed something and hoped for the best.My mom had
her house converted to floor heating, which included insulation under the
floor. I do not know a house more comfortable than hers, while she has
significantly reduced her heating costs. The heat capacity and insulation is
such that the house loses only a few degrees overnight when her heater is off.
Actually the thermostat is just reduced a few degs but the heater does not come
on all night even with freezing temps outside. Our house loses several tens of
deg in a few hours...

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: jim--- via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> Date:
11/30/17  7:19 AM  (GMT+02:00) To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
<ev@lists.evdl.org> Cc: j...@k6ccc.org Subject: Re: [EVDL]  Heat pump vs
resistive Heater (never buy another AC unit)

Cor van de Water said (in part):
> I have always been amazed by how most of USA has forced air blowing
> around through their house, which I find
> rather uncomfortable. I am from Europe, where you have radiators under
> windows that are warmed with
> warm water and air in the room naturally circulates at a very low speed
> (natural convection) throughout the room.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I HATED radiators which were the norm in
schools when I was a kid.  You always ended up with the kids on one side of the
room frying while the kids on the other side of the room wearing heavy jackets
to keep warm.  Same thing with the floor furnace that was in my grandparent's
house.  In cold weather we'd all huddle within 10 feet of the furnace while the
rest of the house was frigid.

 73
-----
Jim Walls - K6CCC