These "impact on the grid" scenarios never come to fruition, simply because
every possible impact has not only been envisioned by the person doing the
warning but also has been anticipated by the engineers who design and build
and operate the grid.  The grid evolves every day.  Just ten years ago they
said the grid could not handle more than 10% solar/wind, but now many
countreis have seen days of 100% renewables on some days and the grid held
up just fine.

The "GRID" is a moving and living thing.  Every new demand is a new
opportunity for someone to innovate, and that innovation is running at a
feverish pitch.

By the time there are enough EV's to have even the slightest impact we will
also see all kinds of grid interaction systems balancing in real time and
paying whatever it takes to meet demand, and those with home or grid
batteries will be happy to sell. and or shift demand, etc.

So don't worry about it!  Get on board....

bob, WB4APR