On 2 Jan 2018 at 9:01, Thos True via EV wrote:

> Doing this without drawing undue attention is generally in their best
> interest, as most people typically don't pay any attention until it
> disrupts their plans with an unexpected failure.

Except when you have an anti-EV agenda, and want to blame them for all the
customers' problems.

I'm not saying the power companies do.  How foolish would it be to oppose
something that's going to increase their sales?  They certainly weren't
oppsing them back in the 1970s, as far as I can tell.

But that was before the big wave of consolidations and leveraged buyouts in
the "energy business."  Today it might be different.  If the utilities are
so short-sighted that they see only the short-term infrastructure expense
and not the long-term revenue increase, I can easily imagine that they might
oppose EVs.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator