Ho hum - another day, another thumb-on-the-scale anti-EV article.

The author is correct about finding public charging here in the Midwest -
it's still a problem.  Also true: public charging costs vary more than
gasoline and Diesel costs do.

In part those facts are related.  Increasing competition among public
charging providers will eventually lead to a situation more like that of
filling stations, for better and/or worse.

Also true: EVs currently cost more than the ICEV equivalent.

Here in the US, this may or may not change in the future, depending on how
successful articles like this are at depressing demand for EVs.

In the EU, it's already changing, and governments that actually WANT to cut
CO2 and promote renewables provide serious EV subsidies.  It also doesn't
hurt that the EU has a rapidly growing stable of small, cheap, limited range
city EVs that you'll never see here in the US.

However, the article's "fueling" cost analysis is WAY off, most decidedly
NOT "apples to apples."  Most people who own EVs don't use expensive paid
public charging exclusively - or even much.

It's up to you, but I wouldn't waste my time responding to this hit piece.
Especially with today's tribal-cult attitudes, you won't budge the convicted
grease-heads, and those in the EV choir don't need to be preached to.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with every Microsoft
     product.

                                   -- Ferenc Mantfeld