On 21 May 2022 at 8:34, Willie via EV wrote:

> I do wish Musk would be more circumspect in his public statements but I
> consider that flaw to be dwarfed by his accomplishments.

What can I tell you?  For some people, it's the other way round.  As with
the friend I mentioned, for them, Musk's character and behavior dwarf his
accomplishments.

Maybe they'd like to have a Tesla EV, but they're fine with driving
something less exciting and advanced, so as not to put their money in his
already overstuffed pockets.

Different people have different priorities.  That shouldn't be tough to
understand.

I can see both sides.  Fortunately I don't have to pick one right now,
because Tesla doesn't offer a vehicle that I'd want to buy.

There are also folks for whom Musk's crassness, disregard for environmental,
financial, and labor laws, and abuse of employees (especially women and
minorities) are features, not bugs.

They're not just coal-rollers, either.  These days it's the fashion for
bright, well-educated people, the "move fast and break things" type, to not
bother with manners. Consideration for others is derided as "woke." It's hip
to be rude, crude, coarse, and hateful - and ungrammatical. :-\

If someone like that buys a Tesla instead of, I dunno, a BMW or something, I
guess that's good, maybe?

> AP and FSD statistics are that a driver using it is far less likely to
> have an accident than a driver that does not use it.

Citation needed, if you don't mind.  Not Tesla stats, please.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     The rain it raineth on the just
     And also on the unjust fella.
     But mostly on the just because
     The unjust steals the just's umbrella.