Hi Folks,

I was reading Otmar's inverter connection to a Tesla-3 and looks like Tesla
makes it really difficult to run a 1500W 12V inverter from their EVs.  My
Bolt shows 130A available from its DC-DC converter, just clamp the Harbor
Fright inverter (have 1500W with 200A inline breaker, short aligator clamps)
on the battery & the Leaf appears to be rated about 90A, so probably not
enough to run my mini-split at 12A, 120V.   Presently if the power goes out
- I just put another log in my wood stove, but thinking it would be nice to
run one of my EV's as the 64KWH power source incase the power goes out for
awhile.  I have a Bergey wind turbine on LiFePO4 7KWH batteries, but that
would only last a few hours running the Pioneer mini-split.  Has anyone done
this successfully?  The Bolt has to be *on* in neutral or park with the key
in to keep the DC-DC converter alive.  Would rather not have a Kerosun for
backup...

Subject: Model 3 Inverter Power Connection - Otmar's Variety Blog

https://www.cafeelectric.com/blog/2020/06/08/inverter-power-connection-1/

Have a renewable energy day,

Mark

Mark E. Hanson
184 Vista Lane
Fincastle, VA 24090
540-473-1248 phone & FAX, 540-816-0812 cell
REEVA: community service RE & EV project club
Website: www.REEVAdiy.org (See Project Gallery)
UL Certified PV Installer
My RE&EV Circuits: www.EVDL.org/lib/mh
REEVA Demo: http://youtu.be/4kqWn2H-rA0