On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 05:38:26 +0200, Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker <gabrie...@sixfeetup.com> wrote:

Thanks to all of you who participated in this effort, we now have a final draft ready for the "Top 15 Questions About Plone" at:
http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-marketing/top-ten-questions-about-plone

Thanks for doing this!

Comments/suggestions below:

#4: "A free Plone add-on, RelStorage, also allows enterprises with investments in Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL to store the data driving their Plone site in their existing infrastructure for more robust scalability, clustering and failover."

This implies that the ZODB doesn't scale, and that you choose Oracle to do so — neither of which are true. ;)

I would drop the scalability argument, the main reason why people use it is the "existing infrastructure/standards" and tool support for failover/backup/clustering. So, something like:

"A free Plone add-on, RelStorage, also allows enterprises with investments in Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL to store the data driving their Plone site in their existing infrastructure to be able to make use of familiar tools, clustering and failover solutions."

Not perfect, but you get the idea, and I'm sure you can make it better. :)

#5: Maybe mention something like "As an example, plone.org is one of the few web sites in the world that has a 9 out of 10 PageRank in Google, the same as major sites like those of IBM and Microsoft."

It's a nice soundbite that people remember, and it's true. :)

The document looks great!

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net