+1

The buildout approach was exactly what I was thinking when reading
Nate's last email too, Steve :)

Niche/Type-of-Site/Industry-specific Distros are something we've talked
about for a long time.  I recall a few of us on this list doing so at a
BoF at the Seattle Conference.

But we didn't yet have buildout at that time - it seems like such a
simple solution, but the tough part is, as you pointed out, we need to
vet the add-ons that each cfg will list, and I suspect there could be
some tug-of-war over which products are in/out.

So, perhaps we could make use of the same type of voting system used for
PLIPs before a new release of Plone comes out, where you get X votes to
cast and have to rank your favorite products?  Have it be a community
effort, of course, but at the same time get results quickly.

This (and then the testing/vetting) seem to be our only 'real' obstacles
in getting the category cfgs as part of the installer/svn releases, right?

-Ken