On 20/05/2010, at 7:43 AM, David Bain wrote:

> Good reference to identify baseline features that could be in a
> Plone Social distro/buildout.
>
> Sharepoint's available social features:
> http://www.nonlinearcreations.com/blog/index.php/2010/02/18/enterprise-social-computing-features-comparison-moss-2007-vs-sharepoint-2010/

Are you talking collaboration server?

I think you need more than just addons as Plones UI out of the box is
still more public site orientated than collaboration.

In which case Jive SBS is a pretty nice UI that people like but
functionality wise is not that much different from Plone.

http://www.jivesoftware.com/products/whats-new

Cyn.in seems to be an attempt to replicate this but in my opinion it
misses the mark.

I'm pretty sure some well aimed plugins to replicate jives UI would be
very popular since jive is $$$ and takes a lot of hardware to run.