Joel, thanks for your clarification.

> Fred:
> > If two worlds within this everything are contradictory or not
> > consistent with each other, with no common ground, how exactly do
> > they interact?
> Well I believe the universe is strictly local and completely homogeneous
> the bottommost layer.  So even though two worlds/cosmoses may be very far
> apart, eventually the information from one will reach the other.  There
> will interact, although the result may be completely unexpected from
> anything that was happening in the two worlds when they were apart, and
> their inhabitants may be long since gone.

Perhaps you are saying all worlds have some commonality eventually? Such as
the program you mention below?

> > I imagine all possible programs for all possible universes. If there
> > were a single program running the whole show, I would ask, why that
> > program?
> Because that one program runs all the others.  All the others are embodied
> by the larger computation.
> Any program that instantiates "all programs" should be as good as any
> don't you think?  All of these superprograms souuld be equivalent, since
> they all do exactly the same thing.  Yes?
> > As I mentioned in my reply to scerir, we can't avoid self-referential
> > problems, however, if we try to represent or describe ourselves.
> But if we are merely three-dimensional bit sequences - 3D movies, then all
> we have to do is find a program that generates our movie.  But instead of
> looking for our particular movie, it's easier to find the program that
> generates all movies... which must necessarily also generate ours.  I
> see any problem with that description.  It's all bits.
> Joel

Sounds like you are going after some magic program that generates all
possible programs. Would this program be a logical necessity in and of
itself? That is, must it necessarily exist? Or would it just happen to