> I don't see why we should limit ourselves to the simplest possible
> containing consciousness.
> I would think that all worlds containing consciousness would be inhabited
> naturally.
> Joel

Actually I agree, fundamentally.  Perhaps, there is just a gut feeling
around that "simplest possible" goes hand-in-hand with "more instances", and
hence, a greater likelihood that that description is accurate for our world.
In physics and cosmology, and even in many engineering siutations, we have
always tried to avoid "fine-tuning", which is associated with greater
complexity. The best models have the least need for fine-tuning. So that is
where I am coming from. The all-universes (and related) approaches have
appeal precisely for this reason.