Tom Caylor wrote:
> Russell Standish wrote:

> > > The 0-person is the big whole. It is the "everything". A physicalist
> > > could say it is the whole UNIverse. A physicalist MW could say: it is
> > > the whole multiverse. It is something which could only be viewed from
> > > outside the universe: that is from nowhere.
> > >

> > For anyone who has read my book, it should be obvious that this
> > 0-person view is what I call the 3rd person view in my book. (page 160)
> >
> > What Bruno is now calling the 3rd person point of view I label 1st
> > person plural. Bruno is now distinguishing several different types of 1st
> > person plural viewpoints.
> >
> > I believe I took an accurate snapshot of the terminological usage at
> > the time I wrote the book, but terminology in this field does have a
> > habit of moving on (and so it should).
> >
> > Cheers

> > A/Prof Russell Standish                  Phone 0425 253119 (mobile)
> > Mathematics
> > UNSW SYDNEY 2052                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Australia                                http://www.hpcoders.com.au
>
> Wait.  The 0-person view is a view that none of us can take, so it
> can't be the 3rd person view or discourse.  The 0-person view has no
> thought or discourse.  It is the whole universe, or the whole of
> arithmetic truth...

I think I am guilty of introducing the term
"0 personal" in a conversation with David Nyman.

His point was that you can't have a 3rd-personal view without persons.

I don't think that is necessarily an important distinction.

The 0 personal view could coincide with the 3rd personal view.
Just because you are a person, doesn't mean your personhood
infects everything you see and do.