Jamie,
since BHs are figments of Hawkins' et al. imagination
for 'something there  must be', we can 'imagine' that
something so as to bounce back those photons (you
believe in) INSIDE once they got in and this is the
reason why the darn blob is  black.
Imagination should not be constrained to imagined
reality. MAke it so that it fits.
(Hungarian proverb: Once it's goose, it should be
fat).
John
--- James N Rose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>