Michael Rosefield wrote:
> Oh, no, more that we can probably define 'mind-space' or
> 'consciousness-space', in which every point represents a possible
> (conscious!) mind-state and has an associated spectrum of possible
> physical substrata, and that there is a probability function defined
> across the space such that for any two points there is a probability of
> experiencing one after the other.

So you're a dualist.  The mind-states are one kind of thing (possibly physical
or mathematical) and consciousness is something else that "occupies them" or
"realizes them".

> In other words, if I drop a ball I am likely to observe the ball
> dropping and hitting the ground - a set of highly probable trajectories
> along mind-space.
>
> It's not so much consciousness moving from one state to the other, as to
> which conscious state I shall find myself in next.

How is that different from moving?  You never find yourself in more than one
state at a time - even though there are many possible states.