Dear Bruno,
                        Needless to say I feel honored that you've taken
the time to answer my naive questions. But since you invite such
questions, I do have a problem with the phrase highlighted below.
Exactly what feature of the "fundamental status of physics" is
questioned by comp? Is it just the insistence on a substrate of matter?
If *all *the  laws of physics (in the real TOE) can be generated
(duplicated) by pure mathematics, isn't the distinction a trivial
semantic one solved by one sweep of Occam's razor? Do you view the idea
of "matter" as somehow inhibiting the pace of scientific discovery or as
the basis of a dangerous, quasi-mystical, pseudo-religious cult? Just
curious. Best,

                    marty a.