On 11/19/08, Bruno Marchal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>..." Keep in mind we try to refute the
> conjunction MECH and MAT.>
> Nevertheless your intuition below is mainly correct, but the point is
> that accepting it really works, AND keeping MECH, will force us to
> negate MAT.
>
> Bruno
> http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/
----and lots of other things in the discussion.----

the concept of "Zombie" emerged as questioned. Thinking about
it, (I dislike the entire field together with 'thought-experiments' and
the fairy-tale processes of differentiated teleportations, etc.)
I concluded that a 'zombie' as used mostly, is a 'person(??)' with
NO HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS (whatever WE included in the 'C'
term). I am willing to expand on it: a (humanly) zombie MAY HAVE
mental functions beyond the (excluded) select ones WE use in our
present potential as 'thinking humans'. It needs it, since assumed are
the activities that must be directed by some form of mentality
(call it 'physical?' ones). - "Zombie does..."

It boils down to my overall somewhat negative position (although
I have no better one) of UDA, MPG, comp, etc. - all of them are
products of HUMAN thinking and restrictions as WE can imagine
the unfathomable existence (the totality - real TOE).
I find it a 'cousin' of the reductionistic conventional sciences, just
a bit 'freed up'. Maybe a distant cousin. Meaning: it handles the
totality WITHIN the framework of our limited (human) logic(s).

The "list's" said 100 years 'ahead ways' of thinking (Bruno's 200)
is still a mental activity of the NOW existing minds.

Alas, we cannot do better. I just want to take all this mental
exercise with the grain of salt of "there may be more to all of it"
what we cannot even fancy (imagine, fantasize of) today,
with our mind anchored in our restrictions. (Including 'digital',
 'numbers', learned wisdom, etc.).

Sorry if I offended anyone on the list, it was not intended.
I am not up to the level of the list, just 'freed up' my thinking
into alowing further (unknown?) domains into our ignorance.
I call it 'my' scinetific agnosticism.

John M