On 19 Nov 2008, at 20:37, Michael Rosefield wrote:

> Are not logic gates black boxes, though? Does it really matter what
> happens between Input and Output? In which case, it has absolutely
> no bearing on Alice's consciousness whether the gate's a neuron, an
> electronic doodah, a team of well-trained monkeys or a lucky quantum
> event or synchronicity.

Good summary.

> It does not matter, really, where or when the actions of the gate
> take place.

As far as they represent, physically or materially, the relevant
computation, assuming MEC+MAT. OK.

MGA 2 will give one more step forward the idea that the materiality
cannot play a relevant part in the computation. I will try to do MGA 2
tomorrow. (It is 21h22m23s here, I mean 9h22m31s pm :).

I have to solve a conflict between two ways to make the MGA 2. If I
don't succeed, I will make both.

Thanks for trying to understand,