> > In a sense, I don't see how a computation could be "cancelled" by
> > another one.

About a year ago I asked Deutsch about cancellation. My idea was that
universes could annihilate each other if a particle was out of phase with
its counterpart in another otherwise consistent universe. He said that
universes don't annihilate but didn't elaborate.

I think it must be that when out-of-phase counterparts meet, they repel each
other to more probable locations.