Jack,

As Stathis and Quentin wrote, we have approached the core of the
disagreement.

You (Jack) seem to have a very "quaint" idea of personal identity - some
kind of essentialism. Strange that you hold that theory and call talk of
1st person/3rd person distinction "sloganeering".

It seems, perhaps, that the sloganeers have a much more scientific
concept of personal identity than you do?

Cheers,
Günther

--
Günther Greindl