On 17 Mar 2010, at 14:06, m.a. wrote:

But is there a deliberate feedback (of any kind) between first person and UD?

No. The UD can be seen as a set of elementary arithmetical truth, realizing through their many proofs, the many computations. It is the least "block-universe" fro the mindscape. (Assuming comp).

How does the UD identify and favor our normal histories?

Excellent question. This is the reason why we are hunting white rabbits and white noise. This why we have to extracts the structure of matter and time from a sum on infinity of computations (those below or even aside our level and sphere of definition). If we show that such sum does not "normalize", then we refute comp.

How do the lobian numbers affect the UD. (I think you've answered these questions before but not in ways that are clear to me. Please give it one last try.) m.a.

Löbian machine survives only in their consistent extension. It is the couple lobian-machine/its realities which emerge from inside the UD* (the execution of the UD, or that part of arithmetic).

The free-will of a lobian number is defined with respect to its most probable realities. They can affect such realities, and be affected by them. But no lobian number/machine/entity/soul (if you think at its first person view) can affect the UD, for the same reason we cannot affect elementary arithmetic. (or the physical laws, for a physicalist).

Look at UD* (the infinite run of the UD), or arithmetic, as the block universe of the mindscape. Matter is a projective view of arithmetic, when viewed by universal numbers from inside it. Normality is ensured by relative self-multiplication, making us both very rare in the absolute, and very numerous in the relative. Like with Everett, except we start from the numbers, and shows how to derive the wave, not just the collapse.

I just explain that if we take comp seriously, the mind body problem leads to a mathematical body problem.