I am new to this kind of thoughts, so my questions could be naive. Still, I would appreciate if you could help me to understand such a statement.

In my understanding, people make models basically to become more competitive, in other words, to earn more money. From this viewpoint, the statement "the model IS reality" is a bit puzzling, as in this case the model brings actually nothing new. Say it is highly unlikely that it will help me to solve my personal problems (well, provided that I have free will whatever it means).

Some time ago, I have read

David Chalmers, The Matrix as Metaphysics
http://consc.net/papers/matrix.pdf

Let me make one citation

"Importantly, nothing about this Metaphysical Hypothesis is skeptical. The Metaphysical Hypothesis here tells us about the processes underlying our ordinary reality, but it does not entail that this reality does not exist. We still have bodies, and there are still chairs and tables: it’s just that their fundamental nature is a bit different from what we may have thought. In this manner, the Metaphysical Hypothesis is analogous to a physical hypothesis, such as one involving quantum mechanics. Both the physical hypothesis and the Metaphysical Hypothesis tell us about the processes underlying chairs. They do not entail that there are no chairs. Rather, they tell us what chairs are really like."

Along this lines, I would paraphrase that TOE is just Metaphysics. Do you agree with this, or you mean something else?

Evgenii

http://blog.rudnyi.ru/2010/08/computable-universes.html