on 03.01.2011 10:26 Bruno Marchal said the following:

On 02 Jan 2011, at 17:58, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

on 02.01.2011 17:29 Bruno Marchal said the following:

On 02 Jan 2011, at 13:09, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

Remember that with comp, we can never know that we are awake. But
we can always know that we are dreaming or sharing a dream. The
experimental evidences (the quantum) are that we are indeed
sharing a dream.

However, as Chalmers claims this seems to have no practical
differences for a person. Let us say that your theory is true. What
 are practical consequences then?

The theoretical and conceptual consequences are that physics is a
branch of machine's theology. And that we can test mechanism
experimentally.

What do you mean by experimentally? Say we have two hypotheses:

1) The Universe consists of atoms/elementary particles/superstrings/whatever

2) The Universe consists of numbers

How could one distinguish them experimentally?

The practical more mundane consequences are that we should come back
to scientific theology and allow modesty and critical skepticism to
be used on the most fundamental matter. This should encourage an
attitude of respect toward any universal machine, and hopefully
encourage such an attitude with respect to our fellow human beings.
But we are a long way from that, as illustrated by the politics of
prohibition. We are living in the most obscurantist period, and this

Do you mean that some time ago the times were less obscurantist? If yes, could you please tell me when?

is not astonishing given the 1500 years of authoritative arguments in
the field. During Renaissance, the arabs give us only one half of the
greek sciences. The other half is still taboo. The human sciences are

There is a nice book to this end

Lucio Russo, The Forgotten Revolution, How Science Was Born in 300 BC and Why it Had to Be Reborn

A couple of citations is here:

http://blog.rudnyi.ru/2010/08/quantum-mechanics-and-archimedes.html

sick and inhuman. Agnosticism is not well seen, despite it is the
mark of the scientific inquiry. Humans are still not in the position
to admit that they are ignorant. Fear sellers rule. The practical
consequences is a (slow) change in our mentality. In the long run
this is needed to develop ourself in the galaxy and beyond.