On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Brent Meeker <meeke...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> I think it very likely that the brain can be so modeled.  But the meaning
> that simulated brain, as expressed in it's output decisions relative to
> inputs is dependent on the rest of the world, or at least of it with which
> the brain will interact - including the past evoutionary history which led
> up to the brain.  Its computations have no canonical interpretation in
> themselves.

You can connect the simulated brain to transducers which convert
environmental inputs into electrical signals. But then, what would
happen if the same electrical signals were input from data on disk
rather than the environment? Would the brain's experience be
different? If so, how would it know where the data was coming from?

--
Stathis Papaioannou