On Feb 11, 11:47 pm, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/2/11 1Z <peterdjo...@yahoo.com>
>

> > On Feb 10, 5:51 pm, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> > > Hi Stephen,

> > > I was just saying that number does not need to be real in a sense
> > > deeper than the usual mathematical, informal or formal, sense.
>
> > There is no usual sense.
>
> > >The
> > > usual sense is enough to understand that the additive and
> > > multiplicative structure emulates the UD, and that universal machines
> > > project their experience on its border so that they perceive (and at
> > > the least pretend and belief so) a physical reality, and this
> > > correctly, assuming comp.

> > > The existence of the natural number is forever a mystery, provably so
> > > assuming comp. You cannot extract the integers from a hat without
> > > integers already in the hat.
>
> > However, they don't exist, so there is no mystery. You just
> > have to pretend they do in order to play certain games.
>
> However they do exists...

Proof?

>you don't have to pretend to play games... what
> does it mean to pretend something exists ?

And you from the brithplace of Marcel Marceau!

> All your definitions of existing lies down to interaction with you
> (RITSTIAR)... You are so sure by what you mean by real, that it has so much
> sense that you could not look beyond...

I don't need to. Existing abstract objects, ie numbers, explain
nothing about our ability to think about  abstract objects ,
since they can't interact with our brains. (Benacerraf)

> I don't agree with your definition
> even with RITSTIAR just because I don't know what makes me real and I don't
> know in what sense I'm more real than you or not... but I'm sure I'm more
> real than you from my own POV.

I don't think I need to worry about how real I am for my argument to
go through